We are very proud of the company, community and culture we have built over our 30+ years in this business. Our dedication to great craftsmanship, open dialogue, trust, and companionship, combined with our facility in Walpole, New Hampshire, provide a fantastic working environment. Positions that are most often open are listed below. If you don't see a job description that matches your dream job, send your resume anyway! We are a company that tends to grow slowly, but evolve quickly, so we are constantly looking for new team members who can help us develop in the direction we intend. If we don't have any open positions now, we will contact you if we see a good fit.
Building Systems Carpenters
The Building Systems department is responsible for the design and construction of our new wall panels, which are based on our Open-Built® design system. These panels help "disentangle" the structure, skin, and systems of a Bensonwood home.
We are accepting resumes for new Building Systems Carpenters. Building and installing cellulose filled panels will be the primary responsibilities for a new team member. General construction knowledge and basic carpentry skills are essential for someone coming into this role, as are basic math skills and the ability to work safely with portable and stationary power tools.
In general, all of our Open-Built® components are works-in-progress, and our Building Systems group is, in many ways, at the forefront of Bensonwood's current stage of evolution. A good team player with energy, excitement, and lots of patience will thrive in this environment. Please let us know if you are interested. Responsibilities include shop-fabricated wall, floor and roof module construction and some site-based installation.
People who succeed in this fast-paced environment are:
- Versed in general construction knowledge and have solid carpentry skills.
- Able to work productively with portable and stationary power tools.
- Comfortable in a close team environment.
- Able to manage sequenced tasks and projects.
- Computer competent and possess good math skills.
- Self-managed, problem-solving, quality-minded and creative.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet patient.
- Good team players, able to lead as well as to follow.
- Interested in a balance of shop and site work and able to travel occasionally.
- At ease when working at heights.
- Good drivers possessing a valid operator's license.