Construction Project Manager
Bensonwood and Unity Homes, both located in Walpole, NH, currently have openings for two (2) Construction Project Managers.
Bensonwood and Unity Homes are national leaders and innovators in the design and building of timber frame, hybrid, and panelized homes as well as light commercial projects. Bensonwood has a forty year history of building unique residential and commercial projects throughout the US. Unity Homes, started in 2012 as a subsidiary of Bensonwood, utilizes many of the same attributes with the added structure of a defined design platform.
Both companies have dynamic, team-oriented cultures which value high performance and continuous improvement.
The Project Managers will be responsible for assisting the project management team with the responsibilities as described below. These positions will be located in our Walpole, NH facility.
- Lead the planning, construction and follow-up phases for projects
- Serve as the primary liaison with clients
- Coordinate in-house teams and resources on behalf of specific projects
- Estimate construction costs, prepare budgets and create schedules for the work
- Hire, supervise, and verify insurance for subcontractors such as roofers, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc.
- Consult with architects, builders and others in the construction trade
- Utilize software to create and manage project schedules
- Utilize Sage to report on job progress, billings, and cost to complete analysis
- Recognize the need for and create change orders
- Negotiate contracts with clients and subcontractors
- Determine which construction techniques are best for the project and plan a completion strategy while working within budget and controlling work quality
- Obtain required pre-construction permits from municipalities and states
- Ability to conceptualize, document, and implement efficient strategies utilizing all resources (company teams and technology) to develop and maintain targeted project completion dates
- Ability and interest in assisting with development of systems and tools required to manage a unique building process
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts, build relationships, and manage projects remotely with a high level of customer service
- Experience in personnel supervision, mediation, and conflict resolution as needed
- Schedule forecasting and monitoring
- Experience in project management software such as Sage and Microsoft Project preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Administration standards
- Commitment to continually seek to improve processes to achieve higher efficiency
- Associate’s degree in construction management, construction technology, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years construction project management experience including proven track record of process improvements to attain high efficiency and profitability
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range for this role is $48K to $55K
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, 401(K), and profit sharing