Assistant Construction Estimator
Bensonwood, a design-build company, located in Walpole, NH, seeks an energetic full-time associate to join our team as an Assistant Construction Estimator.
Bensonwood is a national leader and innovator in the design and building of timber frame, hybrid, and panelized homes as well as light commercial projects. The company has a forty year history of building unique residential and commercial projects throughout the US. The company’s dynamic, team-oriented culture values high performance and continuous improvement.
The Assistant Construction Estimator will be responsible for preparing detailed schematic through contract level cost estimates and the creation of the initial project budgets and project schedule that align with the final project and contract scope. The position also entails software programming ability to maintain, adjust and update the existing estimating BIM systems.
- Prepare line item detailed estimates from models and drawings as required to include new products, subcontractor wages, etc.
- Maintain and update estimating program software to incorporate changes to assemblies, template grids and pricing structures related to fabrication and installation
- Collaborate with design teams, utilizing best practices to assure expedient and efficient estimates
- Create an information package for the team to review when an estimate is complete that includes updated summary report, proposal, and scope of work
- Review contracts and adjust estimate scopes to match contract scope
- Utilize Sage to generate the initial project schedule and cost to complete analysis
- Create change orders for project managers based on all relevant data
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years construction project management including proven track record of estimating and process improvements to attain high efficiency and profitability
- Experience with estimating, 3D Modeling, and database management software
- Knowledge of building science and construction manufacturing highly desirable
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Windows
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with CADwork, File Maker, and Sage 100 Contractor
- Associate’s degree in construction management or construction technology
Additional attributes of success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation will be based on skill level and experience with anticipated hourly wage range between $17 to $21 per hour