As the lead architect, you will be at the heart of our talented design-build team that is striving to create healthy, beautiful buildings that ennoble occupants and their communities for generations to come. Your architectural experience will help us continue to demonstrate a better way to build that is as close to zero carbon as possible. As an inclusive team leader, you will bring out the best of our schematic and design development team members. Your creative design capability (with timber and wood-based systems in particular), digital graphics experience, and communication skills will fortify our thriving collaborative studio environment. As Bensonwood’s lead architect, you will meet with clients, facilitate sales, coordinate team design, and be a key influencer to align our work with our company mission to improve lives through process and product. This full-time, exempt role is based at our facility in Walpole, New Hampshire, and will report to the CEO. Travel will be less than 10%.
- Develop our high end, high performance, single-family home system based on standardized dimensional grids, and resulting systems, details, and components.
- Lead on-going design development of the component library, as well as the creative process of developing custom designs with the predeveloped systems and components.
- Lead creative design in commercial, institutional, and public projects that feature our expertise in timber frame and mass timber structures, and high performance panelized enclosure systems.
In this role, you will develop your expertise and provide opportunities for your team, represent and uphold our team culture, and help us advance the industry towards a better way to build. The experience required for this position includes:
- Architectural licensure
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience with timber and wood-based building systems
- Experience with design and building science for both residential and commercial construction
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD/BIM (CADwork® /Revit preferred)
- Parametric design experience a plus (i.e. Rhino w/ Grasshopper)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Attributes for Success
Positive, team players will thrive in our fast-moving environment and include the following:
- Enthusiasm to develop and use a component-based design system
- Knowledge of high-performance building systems
- Ability to manage client relationships
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation based on skill level and experience
- Benefits include: Health Insurance, Holidays, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, 401(K), and Profit Sharing
6 BLACKJACK CROSSING | WALPOLE, NH 03608
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
603-756-3600 | 877-203-3562
We build homes that matter.