OpenHome Design Manager
Working at Bensonwood
At Bensonwood, we believe in creating better buildings for a healthier planet. Our dedicated employees work on projects of every size, collaborating with homeowners and building professionals. With more than four decades of award-winning residential and commercial projects throughout the US as evidence, our company’s dynamic, team-oriented culture values environmental responsibility and improving design and construction standards.
Bensonwood is seeking a full-time, OpenHome Design Manager to join the team. This position will be a part of the Bensonwood Design Group, and specialize in working with OpenHome, which is a design system from sustainable architecture pioneers LakelFlato, KieranTimberlake, and Bensonwood. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, focused individual looking to be a part of a company with a strong focus on sustainability and healthy buildings.
- Refine established OpenHome principles, products, materials, design, and construction methods to meet current realities.
- Work with OpenHome partner firms and BWC to manage projects handed off to Bensonwood through design development and build stages.
- Meet with clients of OpenHome partner firms and BWC to finish designing projects by selecting fixtures and finishes.
- Communicate back to OpenHome partner firms and BWC on the status of projects and schedules.
- Liaison between Bensonwood and OpenHome partner firms to refine processes and products as designs develop.
- Maintain and update OpenHome Standards Document.
- Maintain and update combined presentation documents for collaboration between Openhome partner firms.
- Coordinate with and provide support to Architectural PMs when needed for Bensonwood OpenHome projects.
- Research and define specifications and products.
- Specification writing and coordination
- Collaboration with the interior designer
- Leadership qualities
- Strong communication skills
- Interior Design/Architecture knowledge
- Client relations/customer service focused
- Graphic Design skills
- Revit or equivalent experience
- Google/ Microsoft Suite experience
Additional Attributes of Success
- Positive, can-do team player with strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to:
- Complete assignments accurately
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team setting with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Computer literacy with the ability to work in all Microsoft and Google applications
- Strong belief in customer service and satisfaction
- Ability and flexibility to take on other responsibilities as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation will be based on skill level and experience
- Benefits include: Health Insurance, Holidays, Paid Time Off, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, 401(K), and Profit Sharing