Timeless tradition meets modern technology.
We’re building timberframe structures our ancestors and our children can be proud of. Our contemporary compound layout and cutting techniques evolved from the mortise and tenon fasteners used by our forefathers, increasing their longevity and strength without sacrificing their timeless look and feel. Our ultra-efficient building process utilizes sustainable materials, and are constructed with fabrication methods that minimize waste. CNC timber milling machines rough-cut all joinery ensuring superior precision and quality, and skilled timber framing craftsmen finish every joint by hand.
Bensonwood was integral in reviving the timberframing industry in America. As one of the key founders and visionary partners of the Timber Frame Guild, we are strong believers in promoting, supporting, honoring and advancing the craft of timberframing. Tektoniks builds on that legacy, offering construction professionals an array of services through our advanced timber machine shop.
Factory Timber Component Processing and Production
Tektoniks timber offers cross timber lamination and glulam fabrication, with a specialty in hybrid projects that require a mix of mass timber and prefab panels. Tektoniks creates a close integration between factory manufacturing and the construction site resulting in precise components that guarantee increased productivity, quality control and the lowest cost to the builder.
We believe in creating structures that perform better, last longer, and reduce the impact on our environment. That’s why all Tektoniks timber is FSC certified, the gold standard designation for sustainably grown and harvested wood.
Hundegger 6-Axis Robot-Drive
We utilize a 6-Axis ROBOT-Drive fabrication machine, which can process 6 sides of a timber component without rotation. This highly flexible technology can be configured for complex cutting and joinery, delivering smooth joints with minimal tear out in timber up to 48’’ wide.
- Configurable for complex cutting and joinery
- Includes 16-tool magazine
- Can pre-drill for countersinks or screws
Raw Material Specification
Tektoniks provides timbers with package pricing based on project size. Clients can provide their own raw timber components, but they must meet the following requirements:
- Trim length available
- No more than ⅛ inch out of dimension
Timbers Cannot Have
- Ice or snow
Timber System Components
- Rafter plates
- Summer beams
- Longitudinal millings
- Any birdsmouths
- Dovetail tenon
Timbers Cannot Contain
- Hazardous materials
- Pressure treated materials
- Reclaimed or rotten wood
- Cross laminated timber (CLT)
- Glue laminated timber (GLULAM)
- Other Engineered wood products
- Douglas fir
- Southern yellow pine
- Eastern white pine
- Western red cedar
- Port orford cedar
- White oak
- Red oak
Timber Truss + Kits
- King post truss
- Modified king post truss
- Queen post truss
- Hammer beam truss
- Modified hammer beam truss
- Scissor truss
- Curved bottom cords
- Custom trusses
Additional Information + Services
Tektoniks offers an optional finish with Vermont Natural Coatings clear coat if specified by the client.
We offer assistance, reviews and design|engineering services through Bensonwood
Ideal for timber framers in need of robust manufacturing capabilities for precision mass timber or for managing more than one project at a time.
Integrated Project Delivery
Project engagement is recommended at the end of schematic design or early design development. Some projects may require a feasibility study.
- Consult with project architect and engineer to review Tektoniks advanced building components
- Establish documentation standards, connection details, and materials required
- Provide project schedule and budgetary information
- Review project feasibility and finalize contract details
- Complete shop drawings with project architect and engineer
- Finalize virtual fabrication model
- Commence sitework while beginning factory production of Tektoniks advanced building components
- Site coordination with general contractor.
- Site assembly of Tektoniks advanced building components
- Site coordination for sub-trade scope and finishes, installed by local builder